Covid-19 Protocols for NY, PA and MD
Below are links to the NY, PA, and MD, COVID-19 Health Department websites for use in your congregation’s ministry.
Churches are not exempt from CDC, State, and Local government instructions. It is their desire to keep us physically safe.
Re-Opening and General Resources
- LCEF Resource to assist in the application process for PPP loan forgiveness. CLICK HERE
- Questions to Ask Before Restarting On-Site Worship – CLICK HERE
- Opening Up America Again – CLICK HERE
- White House National Faith Leaders Call On COVID Response – CLICK HERE
- The Church of 2030 Looks Very Different…and That Future is Bright! – CLICK HERE
- Sample Rules for Electronic Voting – CLICK HERE
- Attendance Tracking Practices During COVID-19 Stay-At-Home Orders – CLICK HERE
- Directives for the Resumption of Public Worship –CLICK HERE
- NY Forward Business Re-opening Safety Plan Template – CLICK HERE
- CDC’s Interim Guidance for Communities of Faith – CLICK HERE
- CDC’s Reopening Guidance for Cleaning and Disinfecting Public Spaces, Workplaces, Businesses, Schools, and Homes – CLICK HERE
- CDC’s About Cloth Face Coverings (Masks) – CLICK HERE
- LCMS Welcome Back Media Kit for Congregational Use – CLICK HERE
- Dr. Anthony Fauci: To keep churches safe, use masks, limit singing and waitto resume Communion – CLICK HERE
- HVAC Information for Eastern District Congregations – ASHRAE Guidance – CLICK HERE
- Church Facility Systems and Covid-19 PDF – CLICK HERE
- Keeping Children and Teens Safe While Ministering Online – CLICK HERE
Before We Gather – Open communication about what to expect, and any changes you plan to implement will help alleviate fear and anxiety. Ask yourself what you’d want to know, if you were a greeter, staff member, elderly church member, etc. Then, develop answers. This article on communication by Brotherhood Mutual will help get you started. – CLICK HEREMaking Sure Your Virtual Church Meeting is Legally Valid – for online webinar, CLICK HERE (Note: A PDF handout for this presentation is available on the same page as the webinar access) Navigating the Next Steps with a Paycheck Protection Program Loan – CLICK HERE How churches can prepare to apply for loan forgiveness.
Stewardship ResourcesCARES Act and Families First Coronavirus Response Act information as provided by Concordia Plans Services and updated on a timely basis – CLICK HERE ST. LUKE (CHEEKTOWAGA, NY) 1) Bi-monthly offering packets are mailed to member homes, by our supplier This a great way to remind members that the church is still alive and going. 2) Approximately ten-fifteen members have monthly/weekly checks automatically drawn against their account, and mailed to the church. 3) On-line payments via easyTithe. So far thirty-one members have enrolled. If there is a need, I will be happy to assist anyone who would like all of the details regarding these tools. Have them call me, Ken Knoll, at 716-683-7242)or Karen Baglio at St. Luke. FOLLOWING ARE SUGGESTIONS of potential electronic online giving providers for your congregation as submitted by your sister Eastern District congregations: > Joyful Response from LCEF (using Vanco) > Stewardship Technology > Giving Fuel > Tith.ly > Vanco > Thrivent Personal Donations > LCMS Foundation Online Giving > Thrivent Federal Credit Union > Easy Tithe